How a health initiative in Ethiopia is giving mothers the skills and resources to improve their babies’ health Hafiza (above,
- Banhi, India
We do sponsorship a little differently
- WHO WE ARE
- HOW WE WORK
- WHAT WE DO
- COUNTRY SNAPSHOT
We provide children with tools and training they need to access education, overcome barriers and be a voice for change. We’ve been working in Ethiopia, since 1987.
Partnering for change
Thank you to our implementing partners for making dreams come true in Ethiopia…
- Alem Children Support Organization
- Arat Kilo Child Care & Community Development Organization
- Bole Bible Baptist Church Child Care & Community Development
- Emmanuel Development Association
- Ratson – Women, Youth and Children Development Program
- Wolayita Kale Hiwot Church – Terepeza Development Association
We keep children safe & reduce disaster risk
In Ethiopia, we help protect children from abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence often associated with harmful traditional practices, such as child marriage. We also train communities to reduce risks associated with natural disasters, before, during and after the emergency.
Did you know...
- Ethiopia has a population of 109-million people
- It is the fastest-growing economy in Africa, but it is one of the poorest
- 30.8 percent of people live on US$1.90/day
- The median age women are when first married is 17.1*
- 35 percent of children are enrolled in secondary school